Download the app
Your Smart Beat app will walk you through the set up process step by step:
- Creating your account
- Connecting your camera
- Connecting your base station
- Mounting your camera
Some helpful hints
Smart Beat components
- Your Smart Beat camera sends HD video to the base station.
- The base station sends video + breathing status to the app.
Grant all permissions
The app will ask to access your phone's camera, location and notifications. You must grant all of these permissions in order for your Smart Beat to work.
- Camera: Smart Beat will use your phone's camera to scan the codes on your base station and camera in order to connect them to your account.
- Location: Smart Beat creates a local area network using your WiFi router, allowing it to function even if the internet fails.
- Notifications: Smart Beats sends you notifications and alarms if breathing indicates a potential problem
When the time comes to mount your camera, place it at the corner of the crib or bassinet, just high enough to be out of reach.
Base station connection
Be sure to connect the base station to your WiFi router, not the modem.
How to tell the difference: The internet cable coming into your house plugs into the modem.
If you have a single device—a router-modem combo—you are good to go.
Smart Beat does not make any medical claims or guarantees that it can save a child’s life in an emergency. Smart Beat is promising peace of mind by displaying data from motion detected. Here are some tips to make sure the device is working properly and to encourage the safest sleep possible.
- Remove excess clothing or blankets when your child is sleeping to avoid choking hazards.
- Ensure Smart Beat is not placed directly over your child’s sleeping space to avoid being pulled down.
- Keep the camera’s power cable securely attached to cable guides to avoid curious hands reaching them.
- Place Smart Beat in a position to have a full view of the interior of the sleeping space without crib bars or other obstructions blocking the camera view.
- Make sure your child’s birth date is accurate so the appropriate breathing range can be computed.
This baby monitor uses a WiFi connection to view or hear activity. Built-in security between the camera and the cloud server improves overall camera security. To prevent unauthorized users from hearing or viewing activity, always use strong WiFi passwords.
Customers use this camera and monitor at their own risk, and Smart Beat, its members, employees, agents, contractors, representatives, manufacturers, distributors and associates (Smart Beat) shall not be held liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by the customer or any other person arising from, or in connection with, the use or manufacture of the camera and monitor, including loss, damage or injury suffered by the customer or any other person as a result of any defects in respect of the monitor, and all warranties, and any other liability from whatsoever cause arising, are hereby excluded and the customer hereby indemniﬁes Smart Beat in respect of any such liability. Smart Beat guarantees this product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months from the original date of purchase, veriﬁed by a sales receipt.